Veteran corporate creative producer/director pivoting from business video production to learning and development role. Leveraging transferable experience and skills in media production, event production, and training development. Growth and development driven, design thinking disciple, service oriented.
Key Skills and Toolsets
|Skills/Competencies||e-Learning||Video & Design|
|Leads with empathy||Camtasia/Snagit||Adobe CC:|
|Assesses and recommends performance improvement||Canvas LMS||After Effects|
|Creates narratives and scenarios to improve learning||MS Office Suite||Animate|
|Stresses iterative prototyping and testing||Storyline/Rise||Character Animator|
Foremost Accomplishments & Skills
- Co-wrote, produced and directed a 13-minute food safety refresher video for the Idaho Foodbank for Boise State’s Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning Marginalized and Cross-Cultural Learning Design Tech Group Lab as an independent study project (link available upon request).
- Engaged Northwestern University’s Institute for Learning Sciences (ILS) to co-develop curricula to train bank relationship managers in corporate finance topics. Coordinated ILS research, UI/UX, and development teams’ efforts to adhere to company-derived title scope. Program required conflict resolution, scope revision, and a revised definition of the company’s learning goals.
- Managed project schedule and investment risk for extensive instructor training video production by proactively identifying alternate venue needs (production site, power sources, equipment parameters/specifications), eliminated potential data loss with nightly data dump.
- Produced a series of promotional videos for a yoga studio chain’s social media marketing program to foster an appreciation of diverse styles and lineages by profiling individual teachers.
- Developed post-production workflow for a large sports league market-research project that dramatically reduced resources and saved re-editing hours.
- Developed and produced individual investor promotional video for the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE). Informative, yet entertaining, the production advanced options investing as part of a balanced portfolio, introduced a pathway to education and investor support, risk mitigation, and encouraged establishing relationships with broker-members.
- Consulted and drove end-to-end execution of a live sales training with an online-based sales trainer, increasing efficacy and customer ratings.
Independent Video Production
Seattle – 2016 – Present
- Freelance lighting design for local studio and large area corporations
- Editor for Los Angeles-based market research production company
Chicago – 2002 – 2016
- Owner of independent corporate production company
- Produced promotional and training media
Chicago – Prior to 2002
- Project managed teams developing bespoke client-server applications for major global hotel chain
Chicago – Prior to 2002
- VP Technology for financial services training startup
Boise State University
M.S. Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning (expected Fall of 2023)
Workplace Instructional Design Graduate Certificate (WIDe)
New York University
Tisch School of the Arts
BFA Film and Television Production